none
DPM DR of Exchange data fails, "recovery point creation failed" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i hope someone can help me with this issue. we have a primary DPM 2010 server and another in DR. Exchange data set to sync every 15mins between the 2 servers, all exchange backups on the primary site server run ok, but the sync job to DR fails almost constantly with the "recovery point creation failed" error.  i have checked all the obvious things:

'vssadmin list writers' of 'DPM writer' on primary DPM goes to no error, Frozen (which i assume from "no error" is a completely normal state)

as i said, all other backups and DR replica's sync fine between primary and DR, except the Second storage group of exchange data

manually creating a restore point works fine, but starts to fail again shortly after. the weird thing is, the error says to check app error log on primary DPM server, but there are no events logged that are linked to the problem (from what i can see, what should i look for?)

any help on the matter would be much appreciated

Shoud also add that both servers are physical and not virtual, and multiple jobs run without issue, i.e. SQL, File server etc.

Note 2- this is also happening for sharepoint volumes.......

Thanks

John

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:29 AM

Answers

• Closing for housekeeping.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:16 PM