Exchange 2013 Management Pack - Infrastructure not been discovered RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, thanks for reading,

i'm having an issue with the Exchange 2013 MP, after installing and setting the action account my single multirole exchange server is not been discovered.

The infraestructure consist in:

• 1 Windows Server 2012 R2 up to date with SCOM 2012 R2 RU9
    • 1 Windows Server 2012 R2 up to date with SQL 2014 as backend
    • 1 Windows Server 2012 R2 MISSING some updates with Exchange 2013 CU6 (MBXS and CAS)

I have done the following:

• Imported Core SO MPs
    • Installed the agent on my exchange server and get it up and monitoring the OS
    • Installed the Exchange 2013 MP 
    • Configure the action account following the guidelines:
    1. Grant Local Administrator permissions to Exchange2013SDKUser account.
    2. Assing the account the “Operations Manager Operators” role

After several hours I have not been able to get the Exchange monitoring up, there is no information displayed on the monitoring tab:

Not even the organization nor the active directory sites are been discovered, any suggestions?

Monday, February 15, 2016 3:45 PM

Answers

• Hi guys, after a long support case with MS we discovered that the Exchange MP 2013 REQUIRES the "REMOTE REGISTRY" Service to be ENABLED on the Exchange Server.

If this service is not enabled, the MP discovery will fail but there will be no references to this service as the cause of the error.

Regards!

Monday, June 6, 2016 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

I would suggest you to check the prerequisite before monitoring exchange 2013:

"

Before downloading and installing the Exchange Server 2013 MP, you might want to import some recommended additional management packs, such as (these are the ones I used):

"

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2013/management-administration/monitoring-exchange-2013-scom-2012-part2.html

Hope it is helpful to you .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:33 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, 

I had already imported those MP's and i gave the discovery account the necessary permissions.

I think it's a problem with the discovery workflow, I can see several of these events on my Exchange box:

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:57 PM
  • Hi,

Do the agents have the Agent Proxy enabled?

How to enable Agent Proxy setting
    To enable Agent Proxy setting complete following steps:
    1. Open the Operations Console and click the Administration button.
    2. In the Administrator pane, click Agent Managed.
    3. Double-click an agent in the list.
    4. On the Security tab, select Allow this agent to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers.

Cheers

Thursday, February 18, 2016 10:46 PM
  • Hi,

you have to enable proxy on agent security parameters

Regards,

JF BERENGUER

MVP System Center Cloud and Datacenter Management

Blog: http://blog.menincloud.com          

Pensez à voter pour la réponse :-)

Friday, February 19, 2016 12:01 AM
  • Hi, I enabled the proxy setting for the Exchange server SCOM Agent before I installed the MP.

I been banging my head for 2 weeks now with this problem :'(

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 12:23 PM
  • Someone can help me shed some light upon this issue?

I installed a clean SCOM Mgmt Grp and followed the MP Doc to the letter and got the same error.

I flushed the cache, rebooted exchange, reinstalled the agent.. I enable the verbose logging override, but just the same warning is logged.

This all leads me to believe that there is something with the Exchange server that hangs the discovery, but i cannot find the script that the MP runs to try to troubleshoot it. Can someone give me some info about the discovery process that the MP runs against the windows server class?

Thanks!!

Saturday, February 27, 2016 5:42 PM
  • Hi guys, after a long support case with MS we discovered that the Exchange MP 2013 REQUIRES the "REMOTE REGISTRY" Service to be ENABLED on the Exchange Server.

If this service is not enabled, the MP discovery will fail but there will be no references to this service as the cause of the error.

Regards!

Monday, June 6, 2016 2:37 PM
  • Thanks a bunch, I was pulling my hear out to find why on Earth some of my XCH boxes didn't discovered and your solution fixed it in a moment!

Cheers

Sunday, October 29, 2017 9:51 AM