none
Project Online 64 bits? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to test Project Pro for Office 365 on my Win7 PC where MS Office 2013 64 bits is already installed. When I start from "Your Office on Request":

I get the error: An issue occurred.  Sorry... We cannot install Office (32 bits), because the 62 bit versions of Office programs are already installed on your computer.

How can I specify that I need the 64 bits version of Project Pro for Office 365 ?

Thanks in advance

• Edited by WLID1966 Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:25 AM
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 10:49 AM

Answers

• Windows installer wont let you to install 32 bit project pro.

At a time you can either install 64 bit of office or 32 bit of office .

If you have 64 bit of office then you cant install 32 bit of project pro on your machine and vice versa. 

To install 64 bit of Project pro you need to have 64 bit of Project pro binary as 32 bit of binary and 64 bit of binary are different.

Installing Project Pro 2013 Your Windows Computer

To install Project Pro 2013 on a Windows computer, the user logs into Office 365 at https://portal.microsoftonline.com as CarlNetID@carleton.edu. From the main menu at the top, the user chooses the gear icon (which means Settings), then Software, then Project (under the Software heading on the left). If Project Pro 2013 has already been installed by this user, the installations (maximum of 5) will be displayed in a list. If it's not already installed on this computer, click the Project icon or Install button to install the 32-bit version. (If you are sure you need the 64-bit version, to integrate with 64-bit Office, choose the advanced link instead.) The user must provide elevated (local Administrator) credentials for the installation to proceed, but not for launching the program later. By the way, this process uses the new Office Click-To-Run (streaming) installation, which is very fast to start but takes a while to complete.

Then, if the user has Office 2010 installed on this computer and uses Outlook, there is another installation to do: under the gear icon (which means Settings), then Software, choose Desktop Setup, then choose Setup and follow the instructions. This will not work for Office 2007; contact the ITS HelpDesk to upgrade to Office 2010 is necessary.

To address your query accurately, I’d like to confirm if you want to install the 32 bit version of Office 365 ProPlus (Office 2013). If yes, we can perform the following steps to achieve that target:

1. Sign in to Office 365 Admin portal with the user ID, and then click PC & Mac. If you’re an admin, go to AdminSettings > Office 365 Settings > Software
    2. On the Office page, select a Language, and select 32 bit as the following screenshot shows. Then click Install.

For more information about the installation, please see: 
    how to install Office on your PC with Office 365.

kirtesh

• Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:51 AM
    • Edited by Kirteshtiw Saturday, January 11, 2014 12:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Saturday, January 11, 2014 2:04 PM
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:51 AM

All replies

• You do not have the seperate MS Project 64 bit installer.?

Justin Abraham ----------------------------- Knowledge is Power

Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:07 AM
  • I just want to test Project Pro for Office 365.
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:27 AM
  • Windows installer wont let you to install 32 bit project pro.

At a time you can either install 64 bit of office or 32 bit of office .

If you have 64 bit of office then you cant install 32 bit of project pro on your machine and vice versa. 

To install 64 bit of Project pro you need to have 64 bit of Project pro binary as 32 bit of binary and 64 bit of binary are different.

Installing Project Pro 2013 Your Windows Computer

To install Project Pro 2013 on a Windows computer, the user logs into Office 365 at https://portal.microsoftonline.com as CarlNetID@carleton.edu. From the main menu at the top, the user chooses the gear icon (which means Settings), then Software, then Project (under the Software heading on the left). If Project Pro 2013 has already been installed by this user, the installations (maximum of 5) will be displayed in a list. If it's not already installed on this computer, click the Project icon or Install button to install the 32-bit version. (If you are sure you need the 64-bit version, to integrate with 64-bit Office, choose the advanced link instead.) The user must provide elevated (local Administrator) credentials for the installation to proceed, but not for launching the program later. By the way, this process uses the new Office Click-To-Run (streaming) installation, which is very fast to start but takes a while to complete.

Then, if the user has Office 2010 installed on this computer and uses Outlook, there is another installation to do: under the gear icon (which means Settings), then Software, choose Desktop Setup, then choose Setup and follow the instructions. This will not work for Office 2007; contact the ITS HelpDesk to upgrade to Office 2010 is necessary.

To address your query accurately, I’d like to confirm if you want to install the 32 bit version of Office 365 ProPlus (Office 2013). If yes, we can perform the following steps to achieve that target:

1. Sign in to Office 365 Admin portal with the user ID, and then click PC & Mac. If you’re an admin, go to AdminSettings > Office 365 Settings > Software
    2. On the Office page, select a Language, and select 32 bit as the following screenshot shows. Then click Install.

For more information about the installation, please see: 
    how to install Office on your PC with Office 365.

kirtesh

• Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:51 AM
    • Edited by Kirteshtiw Saturday, January 11, 2014 12:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Saturday, January 11, 2014 2:04 PM
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:51 AM
  • Thanks a lot Kirtesh,

This information is very interesting, but it seems that it is mainly about the true install of Office on the local HDD. What I want to test is the "Streaming" version of Project Pro for Office 365 (64 bits if it exists)

Thanks and regards.

Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:39 PM
  • For that also it would be same.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681792.aspx

applies to both office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus 

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:50 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:51 PM
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:40 PM