Service Level Objectives Subscription problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to setup SLO breach warning notifications in SCSM 12. I think I have a good understanding, but can't get the correct queue and class matchup. I want to send out an email when an incident has gone unassigned for over an hour. I have a queue for tickets that have an unassigned status, but once I add a service level time instance class, it removes my "incident" queues. Please see the comments in this blog as an example, it describes my exact problem. Once I add the appropriate criteria (service level instance time info) it removes my queues??  http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/02/07/notifying-before-sla-breaches.aspx also here: http://thelazyadmin.com/2012/03/scsm-2012-sla-management-part-3/

The comments at the bottom suggest using the Incident Class instead so the queues will show up, but then I lose the ability to select ServiceLevel time instance to select my warning triggers? Im stuck...

• Edited by STL_ITdude Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:32 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:30 PM

Answers

• The problem is that SLO notifications are part of the Service Level Instance Time Information class, and your queues are members of the Incident class. You can't filter a notification based on a queue in a different class. If you want to filter the SLO notification based on the actual SLO you can use the ID of the Service Level Configuration. For example to send one of breach you can use the following additional criteria

Changed From
    [Service Level Information]Status does not equal Breached

Changed To 
    [Service Level Information]Status equals Breached
    AND Service Level Configuration[System.AdminItem.SLABase]Id equals SLAConfiguration_<your unique GUID>

To find the what this SLAConfiguration ID should be you can use the below PowerShell script

Get-SCSMClassInstance -Class (Get-SCSMClass -Name "System.AdminItem.SLABase") | ?{$_.DisplayName -eq "Your SLO's Name" -and $_.Id -like "SLAConfiguration_*"} | FT DisplayName, Id

Matthew Dowst | Blog | Twitter

• Edited by Matthew Dowst Friday, November 14, 2014 7:13 PM clarification
    • Marked as answer by STL_ITdude Monday, July 6, 2015 7:34 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2014 7:11 PM

All replies

• Not to bump my own thread, but I'm still stuck. Has anyone successfully configured email subscriptions for service level breach warnings? How do I trigger my subscription using the service level instance time info class if all of my queues are setup using the Incident Class? 
    Friday, November 14, 2014 5:58 PM
  • The problem is that SLO notifications are part of the Service Level Instance Time Information class, and your queues are members of the Incident class. You can't filter a notification based on a queue in a different class. If you want to filter the SLO notification based on the actual SLO you can use the ID of the Service Level Configuration. For example to send one of breach you can use the following additional criteria

Changed From
    [Service Level Information]Status does not equal Breached

Changed To 
    [Service Level Information]Status equals Breached
    AND Service Level Configuration[System.AdminItem.SLABase]Id equals SLAConfiguration_<your unique GUID>

To find the what this SLAConfiguration ID should be you can use the below PowerShell script

Get-SCSMClassInstance -Class (Get-SCSMClass -Name "System.AdminItem.SLABase") | ?{$_.DisplayName -eq "Your SLO's Name" -and $_.Id -like "SLAConfiguration_*"} | FT DisplayName, Id

Matthew Dowst | Blog | Twitter

• Edited by Matthew Dowst Friday, November 14, 2014 7:13 PM clarification
    • Marked as answer by STL_ITdude Monday, July 6, 2015 7:34 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2014 7:11 PM