IIS Bindings with AAM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have two WFE servers and only one can resolve the aam url to the site, the other resolves to the IIS7 port 80 main page.

Configuration is as follows:  I have setup AAM within central admin, edited bindings in IIS on both WFEs, configured DNS with a A record to point to TMG, and added the new record to my Public Name space in my TMG firewall rule.  I’ve done many times in the past and have never had any issues with resolving the AAM URL.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice 

Monday, June 4, 2012 6:13 AM

All replies

• Go look in IIS at the web application in question on the server you are having an issue with.  You more than likely need to have a host header on that application.  You can verify the configuration by looking at the other working server.

Corey Roth - SharePoint Server MVP blog: www.dotnetmafia.com twitter: @coreyroth

Monday, June 4, 2012 1:12 PM
  • Thanks Corey,  I have verified that both IIS sites have the same host header setup in Site Bindings, and the configuration looks the same when viewing Advance Settings on the Application Pool.  This site was working with no issue before I restored  the SQL DB from a backup, after only one WFEs host header was working.

Monday, June 4, 2012 9:50 PM