No connection to Datastream-URL (User: SYSTEM) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have a problem with each App-V Client. Everyday, when the client try to connect to the VAS to refresh the applications I get some error messages in the eventlog. The error messages descriptes that the User SYSTEM cannot connect to the Datastream-URL. Every user can load/use the applications without any problem. But it looks not good when there are 4 error messeages for each application in the eventlog and I dont know why the user SYSTEM try to connect to the applications.

On my VAS the the authentication is set to "Windows Authentication" and the "Enforce Access Permission Settings" is activated. Any ideas  how to set the permissions for the user SYSTEM or solve the problem? Thanks for your help!

(translated) eventlog:

{tid=990}
    Try the transport communication. URL: RTSPS://%SERVER%.sft Host: %APP%:322 IP-Adr.: %IP% Error: 1690630A-20000193

{hap=13:app=%APP%:tid=D88}
    Application Virtualization Client cannot connect to Datastream-URL RTSPS://%SERVER%.sft Host: %APP%:322 (Errorcode 1690630A-20000193, ursprünglicher Rückgabecode 1690630A-20000193).

{hap=13:app=%APP%:tid=D88}
    The Client cannot connect to the Application Virtualization Server (Rückgabecode 1690630A-20000193).

The virtuelle Application %Name% cannot start for user SYSTEM , error 4505CD-1690630A-20000193.

Settigns: Server:4.5 w/ local DB, Client:4.5, RTSPS 

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:39 AM

Answers

• Do you have the SCCM client installed on the system?  SCCM has an inventorycollection agent which starts in the virtual environment and runs as SYSTEM.
    Steve Morin
    Friday, July 22, 2011 6:11 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It seems that the variable %SERVER% is not set properly....

/Znack
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 12:57 PM
  • For the post I changed the real servername to %SERVER%, the Application Name to %APP% and my IP of the Server to %IP%. The variables are set corrcetly.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:20 PM
  • Hi Flame2k,

did you find a solution for that error meanwhile?  I have the same one.

Andi

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:20 AM
  • Does this happen for applications, or just a subset of them?  For some reason, the SYSTEM account wants to launch a process that the server is denying (rightfully so).

Steve Morin
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:34 PM
  • Any update on this? We are experiencing the same "issue". (4.5 Server/clients)
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Any reason the system-user account would try to start a virtual application? Any shortcuts placed in odd-locations? Any third-party system services?
    /Znack
    Friday, July 22, 2011 2:14 PM
  • It seems to happen only for the "recently" used ones. I know this sounds odd... But I've got like 10 apps in cache and get errors on 3 of them. If I start an app other then those 3, I end up with 4 apps giving the errors :S

It also seems like the errors do not only pop at system start but on every gpo processing cycle. We do set a few settings in softgrid registry keys. Could that be the cause of this? I'll do some tests next week to check this out.

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:04 PM
  • Do you have the SCCM client installed on the system?  SCCM has an inventorycollection agent which starts in the virtual environment and runs as SYSTEM.
    Steve Morin
    Friday, July 22, 2011 6:11 PM
  • Hmm, good call Steve! Yes we do have the SCCM client installed. Don't know if it matters but we do not (yet) use the SCCM App-V integration. I'll check if any of the inventory cycles are the cause of this...
    Monday, July 25, 2011 6:40 AM
  • I just scheduled an SCCM HWInv cycle and the events started popping up as soon as the scan started so I guess you've nailed it Steve :D . Anything we can do about this? I know that it's not a real "problem" but it just doesn't look nice to have an event viewer booming with errors from App-V...
    Monday, July 25, 2011 7:06 AM