none
Sysmon - problem copy directory between servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone

I have some specific problem. When I try copy catologues between servers with sysmon 11.0, especialy if these catalogs (even if empty) are very branched out, copy process (e.g. by using robocopy) is very slow and very othen gets timeout. Issue  does'nt occur when copying by using the Windows Explorer mechanism. Uninstaled sysmon also fix it.

Does somebody experienced this issue? Is it a sysmon 11 bug?

Thank in advance for every answer.

Best Regards

M.

Monday, June 22, 2020 10:16 AM

All replies

• There was a regression in Sysmon 11.0 that affected file operations on SMB shares. An extraneous open by the sysmon driver caused an oplock break which introduced a 35 second delay when a file was opened. This has been resolved in Symon 11.10 which we published today.

Please let me know if this fails to resolve your issue.

MarkC(MSFT)

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:01 AM
  • Hi Mark,

We have just been experiencing this issue on production file servers. Where can I read the releases notes on version 11.10 of Sysmon? Is there somewhere I can subscribe to to be notified of these issues/fixes when they are discovered?

Brendan

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 12:18 AM
  • Hi Brendan

The best source for information about new releases is the blog which is linked from the home page but is at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sysinternals-blog/bg-p/Sysinternals-Blog. Also the "what's new" section of the www.sysinternals.com home page or the @sysinternals channel on Twitter. Unfortunately we don't have a push notification system.

Are you still experincing issues with Sysmon 11.10? If so please feel free to reach out to me at syssite@sysinternals.com and we would be happy to assist.

MarkC(MSFT)

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:18 AM
  • Hi Mark,

When 11.10 installed issue is not appear. Thanks.\

M.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:25 PM
  • You are very welcome.

We are intending to publish Sysmon 11.11 this week to resolve an issue that caused the network event pipeline to stall with a consequent increase in memory consumption. Also it resolves an issue where USB mass storage media cannot be safely ejected and an issue where FileDelete events were being missed in some scenarios.

MarkC(MSFT)

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:05 AM