none
2 boot images RRS feed

• Question

• desired scenario:

2 mdt servers on the LAN (during transition/testing of new MDT)

Boot image from functioning MDT is placed on WDS (separate server).

Can I place a boot image from the NEW MDT to the WDS.

I believe it is transparent for PXE server and I should have choice of boot images when pressing F12 on client machine.

Then each image will lead to appropriate MDT.

Doable?

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:35 AM

Answers

• I assume you mean Can you place the MDT boot image from the new MDT server on the same WDS server the Old MDT server is using? If so then Yes, that is doable. Just make sure you call your boot images something obvious in WDS

NEW MDT

OLD MDT

example of what it will look like on your boot screen from a quick google image search

Thanks,

Adam

• Proposed as answer by Hollanders, Rens Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:04 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:51 AM

All replies

• I assume you mean Can you place the MDT boot image from the new MDT server on the same WDS server the Old MDT server is using? If so then Yes, that is doable. Just make sure you call your boot images something obvious in WDS

NEW MDT

OLD MDT

example of what it will look like on your boot screen from a quick google image search

Thanks,

Adam

• Proposed as answer by Hollanders, Rens Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:04 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:51 AM
  • Just make sure in WDS you set the default boot image to the correct one for production.... might confuse people if they let it timeout and it selects the non production MDT image automatically.

Cheers,

Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:53 AM
  • Thanks!

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:05 PM