CD/DVD drive not detected RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried looking at a lot of resolved questions but none of them seem to be quite the same situation. The drive does not open when i push the button, the light is not on either. a paper clip does open it. The drive does not show up in My Computer, and DOES NOT show up in Device Manager Nothing has been added/installed to the computer, I was using the CD drive last night with no problems at all. I first noticed the problem about three days ago when trying to use the driver.  I have a HP Pavilion and running IE8 and have Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8 which I mainly use to access the internet.  Can anyone please help me?
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 3:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, the CD/DVD drive does not even show up in Device Manager and won't response at all. Given this situation, the driver might be corrupt or it might not be detected by your BIOS.

What is the exact make and model of your PC? Please go to HP's offical webside and check if there is any update for your CD/DVD drive and BIOS. This issue sounds more likely on the hardware side, it is also recomended to contact HP support for more accurate information. Your understanding is appreciated.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:39 AM