Word 2016 embedded Excel Worksheet hidden behind diagonal lines in edit mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I found an existing thread with the same issue (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/3de365fb-bf8b-4761-b371-5480bcacfaec/word-2016-embedded-excel-worksheet-hidden-behind-diagonal-lines-in-edit-mode?forum=word) but when I click on "Reply" it just takes me to the top of the page.

Is there a resolution for this?

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s your steps of embedding Excel worksheet to Word? You can refer to this link to check your operation. I have tried the method 1 on my Office 365 ProPlus environment and it worked well.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If you still have this issue, you can try opening Word in safe mode to test it. Or Repair an Office application to see if it helps.

If the problem persists, I noticed that some users who with Office 2016 have this problem. So, you can check what the version number of Office you’re using. Maybe you can try update it to the latest version.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

Have you checked the information was helpful? Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance!

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Monday, August 12, 2019 9:51 AM