none
host file qualified name is invalid RRS feed

• Question

• I have created and configured a send port to write to a DB2 file using Host File Integration, but the following error appears in my event log.

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "HostFileSendPort" with URL "HostFiles://10.41.3.xx:xxx/S102C9LM/MFDI/df645dfe-194f-4141-a3a2-ad5c435eebca". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"The host file qualified name is invalid. A qualified name can contain up to 22 parts and have a maximum length of 44 characters.".

I did not create the host qualified name, the system did, so why did it create it toooo long and how do I fix it.

Thanks

Karl

• Moved by Ben Cline1 Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:17 PM Related to host files/his (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:13 PM

Answers

• To close the loop on this one, a support case was opened and this issue was investigated. It turned out that the error was being caused because the AS/400 was returning an error indicating that Journalling needed to be enabled. In general, Journalling is not needed for this type of scenario. However, in this case a trigger was being used to do soem other access on the AS/400 and this is the part that needed journalling.

The error did not occur after journalling was enabled.

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:29 PM