none
Don't want the Sum of the field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a PivotTable in Excel 2013, generated from the Project Server 2013 SQL data base.

I have several fields :Project Name, Cost, Work and a Project custom field "City".

In another table I have a list of Cities and the population of each city. I create a relationship between the 2 fields.

Now I want to add the Population of the matching City in front of each project. But I get the total of all the populations of all the cities.

How to display the population of the city concerned by the project ?

Thanks for your help

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When you say "How to display the population of the city concerned by the project", is it a number or a label? If it is a number, you have to specify a calculation for the pivot table. You can edit the field and change the calculation (average, min, max..).

If you want to see the unique value for each row, simply drag the population field in the "rows" sections.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:34 PM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you say "How to display the population of the city concerned by the project", is it a number or a label? If it is a number, you have to specify a calculation for the pivot table. You can edit the field and change the calculation (average, min, max..).

If you want to see the unique value for each row, simply drag the population field in the "rows" sections.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:34 PM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:53 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Yes, it is a number. I dragged the Population field to the ROWS sections... and my report exploded ! I got a message saying "The Data Model is corrupted".

I will try on another machine, more powerfull

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:05 PM
  • Definitely, that does not work. When I drag the Population field to the ROWS sections, the PivotTable resembles nothing.

Any ideas?

• Edited by WLID1966 Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:16 PM
  • It would be easier if you could share an image, nothing "pivottable resembles nothing" doesn't provide much information we could deal with.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:21 PM
  • Eventually, that worked!

Some of my "numeric" values were remaining as "text"

Thanks

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:37 PM