direct access, two adapters, both appear as domain network until service "Network Location Awareness" is restarted RRS feed

• Question

• I are running Direct Access on Windows 2012 R2. There are two adapters in the servers, one on the public side and one on the internal side. I have the windows firewall set up so that domain controllers cannot be contacted from the public adapter. However if I reboot the server, both adapters appear in the domain network. If I manually restart the "Network Location Awareness" service the public adapter now appears in the public network. How can I avoid having to manually restart this service every time the server is rebooted?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:20 PM

Answers

• I set up a batch file with these commands:

sc stop netprofm
    timeout 10
    sc stop nlasvc

I set the task scheduler to execute the file 15 minutes after the server starts up. After the services stop, they restart themselves and the network adapters then have the proper location.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Craig - have you any more information about the network cards and their configuration that you can share

John Davies

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:26 AM
  • I set up a batch file with these commands:

sc stop netprofm
    timeout 10
    sc stop nlasvc

I set the task scheduler to execute the file 15 minutes after the server starts up. After the services stop, they restart themselves and the network adapters then have the proper location.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 1:28 PM