DirectAccess and Roaming Profiles RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've just implemented a proof of concept 2012 R2 DA server in an Edge config.

All was looking great until I started to log off and on - the times were horrendous. I assumed it was roaming profiles and Google proved me correct, right at the very, very bottom on this 2008 R2 DirectAccess MS article https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee382285%28WS.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396  is the bomb-shell that you basically have to use Folder Redirection.

This just won't work in our environment as you can only redirect a very specific subset of folders with Folder Redirection and the bulk of our users' data is not in any of these. For example we have a lot users with a OneDrive For Business folder in their profile and that can be huge. We also run some applications that store data in user profiles.

Are there any options with DA on Server 2012 R2 that can help with this predicament or do I give up before now before even pushing out to some test users?

Monday, March 9, 2015 12:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Are there any options with DA on Server 2012 R2 that can help with this predicament or do I give up before now before even pushing out to some test users?

I didn't find any official document about how to resolve this issue.

If the Folder Redirection is not suitable for you, from my point of view, we may disable the roaming profile for the DA users.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 2:57 AM
  • I'm going to give UE-V a go and see if it's any better.
    Friday, March 13, 2015 12:36 AM
  • Hi,

>>I'm going to give UE-V a go and see if it's any better.

For questions about User Experience Virtualization, we can post the question on the forum below:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=mdopuev

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 13, 2015 1:38 AM