Anti-Virus AVG problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Vista business and have installed AVG 8.5 (full version). It was running fine untill a few days earlier I started getting a windows alert saying that AVG is not turned on. However, When I click on "Turn on now", it verifies the certificate & wen i click OK, it does nothing. Keeps on showing that AVG s not running. On the other hand wen i open the AVG control center, everything is shown working properly...

i dont knw whether this a problem of VISTA or AVG... plz suggest what shud i do... thanks in advance...
    • Moved by Paul E Long Monday, October 5, 2009 2:32 PM (From:Network Monitor)
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hi, With some Antivirus software windows does not always see them, if your AVG reports as ok. And if AVG is updating itself you should be good to go. You can go to security centre and tick I will monitor the antivirus myself. This should stop the Security alerts. Slan go foill, Paul
    • Marked as answer by Pinu Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:21 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi, With some Antivirus software windows does not always see them, if your AVG reports as ok. And if AVG is updating itself you should be good to go. You can go to security centre and tick I will monitor the antivirus myself. This should stop the Security alerts. Slan go foill, Paul
    • Marked as answer by Pinu Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:21 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:33 PM
  • I'm moving this question as it's not related to Network Monitor.

Monday, October 5, 2009 2:31 PM