Hidden site actions button for mistake / Se oculta el boton de acciones del sitio por error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi everybody, I have a mistake in SharePoint 2007 with CAL Standard. I’m the administrator and when I create a new publication site and create a sub-site for example a document library and try to put a special permits in this sub-site, all users lost the button of “site actions” in all site, but in another site of the same site collection it work fine. Someone knows why? Someone knows how to correct this mistake.

Thanks

Best regards

Hola a todos, tengo un problema en SharePoint 2007 con CAL Standard. Soy el administrador y cuando creo un nuevo sitio de publicación y creo un sub sitio como una biblioteca de documentos y trato de darle permisos especiales a los usuarios en este sub sitio, todos los usuarios pierden el botón de “acciones del sitio” en todo el sitio, pero si hago el mismo procedimiento en otro sitio de la misma colección de sitios esto  funciona bien. ¿Alguien sabe por qué? ¿Alguien sabe como corregir este problema?

Gracias

Saludos

Mario Hinestrosa

Friday, September 12, 2008 3:49 PM

Answers

• Hello Mario,

Sounds like the user's permissions were adjusted on the site that they no longer have the "Site actions" menu on. The site actions menu provides options such as edit page, a link to site settings and the ability to create libraries etc. Each option available has an associated permission level in SharePoint.

You might have the ability to "View pages" but without the "Add and customize pages", or "Manage web site" permissions the users would not see the options to edit pages, and manage the site settings.

What I would do is take a look at the groups you currently have in SharePoint. Remember also that permissions work on an inheritance model. Since you stopped inheritance for the sub site, you may have to adjust permissions in multiple locations (wherever inheritance is broken.)

Hope this helps,
    Richard Harbridge
    Friday, September 12, 2008 5:09 PM