none
Issue/Risk not seen in Project Center. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Am using Project Server 2013, and getting a beautiful problem here. Want a nice help from experts out there. When I am attaching any issue/risk to any project in project site, no problem its getting attached properly. 

But the problem is I am not able to see these indicators in Project Center. Can anyone have an idae, what will be the problem, or how can I start to resolve it.?

Would also like to mention that there is a huge queue which has been queued up in PWA.

Thanks for your help (TIA)

Manish

Thursday, August 8, 2013 2:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Manish,

Follow the below steps to clear the queue jobs from the Manage Queue Jobs:

1.        Filter the Jobs by Blocked.
    2.        Check the Blocked jobs for your information like which kind of jobs are blocked and note all the projects which is blocking your jobs.
    3.        Select all the blocked jobs and Cancel the jobs by clicking on Cancel jobs button.
    4.        Filter the jobs by Status.
    5.        Wait for some time and refresh the page. Expecting your job are getting cleared from the list.
    6.        Now open and publish your all project which you noted down in step 2.
    7.        If you again getting block jobs then you need to follow the same steps from 1 and check the projects which are blocking there might be some scheduling error or something.

Thanks

Avinash kumar | Blog:http://avigr8.wordpress.com | If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you publish an example project where the indicators are not displayed in the Project Center, once the publish job has completed successfully in the queue check the indicators again.

Regarding the queue, is anything processing?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, August 8, 2013 8:19 AM
  • Hi Paul

Thanks for giving your valuable time.

I have published an example project and tried to published it but it also stuck in the queue. Project appeared in the project center after around 2 minutes. The project center page has to be refreshed many times. 

But the issue/risk indicators are still not visible.

The query jobs in the morning were around 60, now it has crossed over 82. Any Advice on queue clearing Mather.

Thanks. 

Manish

Thursday, August 8, 2013 10:21 AM
  • What jobs are in the queue? Are any blocking?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, August 8, 2013 11:51 AM
  • Hi Manish,

Follow the below steps to clear the queue jobs from the Manage Queue Jobs:

1.        Filter the Jobs by Blocked.
    2.        Check the Blocked jobs for your information like which kind of jobs are blocked and note all the projects which is blocking your jobs.
    3.        Select all the blocked jobs and Cancel the jobs by clicking on Cancel jobs button.
    4.        Filter the jobs by Status.
    5.        Wait for some time and refresh the page. Expecting your job are getting cleared from the list.
    6.        Now open and publish your all project which you noted down in step 2.
    7.        If you again getting block jobs then you need to follow the same steps from 1 and check the projects which are blocking there might be some scheduling error or something.

Thanks

Avinash kumar | Blog:http://avigr8.wordpress.com | If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 2:16 PM
  • Hi Paul, Hi Avinash.

Thanks for reply.

Yup Paul I found that there were around 3 to 4 jobs which were failed and blocking corelated jobs.

Avinash I cancelled those jobs and then I noticed that the OLAP cube was also stuck in queue while building somehow, so build another OLAP with same configruation and then deleted the old OLAP. 

And then the MAGIC happened, all the jobs were disappearing smoothly and in a very fastest way possible. From 400+ jobs a few minutes ago we were reduced to only 11 jobs. 

Huge Relief!!!!

Thank you very much for your kind help. Thanks.

Manish

Friday, August 9, 2013 11:21 AM