none
Checkbox Filter Option in Report Builder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wanted to kindly ask if SSRS / Report Builder features a native interactive filter option (e.g. as a radio button, checkbox, etc.)?

For example, a checkbox filter that is a native feature of Power BI:

If not, would anyone know how to build a button that would, upon a click, filter my visualization (I guess by writing an expression that would, on action, pass the filtering parameter(s) to my dataset)?

With thanks and kind regards,

Bogdan

BogdanU

Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:23 PM

Answers

• Sure, when you define a parameter with data type "Boolean" you get a checkbox for filtering.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, November 21, 2019 5:05 PM
  • Hi Bogdan,

As far as I tried, we could not realize what you want with Boolean type parameter in SSRS.

Unfortunately, neither of the two is supported for now.  reference : Changing the default values of the boolean data type in SSRS report parameter

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by BogdanU Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:18 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2019 8:06 AM

All replies

• Sure, when you define a parameter with data type "Boolean" you get a checkbox for filtering.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, November 21, 2019 5:05 PM
  • Hi, Olaf.

Thank you for the fast and helpful reply.

Although this qualifies to be the answer I was looking for, I just wanted to kindly ask a bit more, please:

The filtering that I've got is limited to True/False options:

• Is there a way to disable one of the two buttons, so that the end User only sees one (i.e. True)
    • Is there a way to change the prompt names "True" and "False" to something else?

With thanks and kind regards,

Bogdan

BogdanU

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:40 PM
  • Hi Bogdan,

As far as I tried, we could not realize what you want with Boolean type parameter in SSRS.

Unfortunately, neither of the two is supported for now.  reference : Changing the default values of the boolean data type in SSRS report parameter

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by BogdanU Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:18 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2019 8:06 AM
  • Hi, Lukas.

Thank you for the kind and helpful answer.

With kind regards,

Bogdan

BogdanU

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:17 AM