IntelliType favorite keys RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Digital Media Keyboard 3000 and IntelliType Pro 6.2 on Vista Ultimate Sp1.

I have mapped some of the 5 "favorite" keys to web sites. Whenever I press one of the assigned favorite keys, my browser comes up and opens the web site. Unfortunately, the action is delayed for about 10 seconds, which means that only after 10 seconds of waiting (even if the browser is already opened) a new tab is created with the "favorite"-web site.

Other actions of the keyboard work instantly and without problems. The delay only seems to be when trying to open web sites. However, a 10 second delay makes that feature useless since it is quicker to open them manually.

How can I speed up the intellitype actions? And where is the problem?

THanks,

Jo

Friday, August 15, 2008 11:55 AM

Answers

• Yesterday some application (Nero) crashed and after that could not be started anymore. The keyboard special buttons functionality was somehow lost when this happened and pressing keys like "play/pause" or a favorite key did not respond. Only after quite some time ( > 15min ) suddenly all actions were executed at once. Really interesting..

Anyway, I found a workaround that fixes the issue in the first post:

1) Create a shortcut to the web site (e.g. by dragging the web site icon on the desktop) and
    2) Assign the favorite to the shortcut
    3) Launch
    4) Don't wait.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:36 AM