Access Denied Errors RRS feed

• Question

• I Hope someone can shed some light on my issues. 

Our company server that pretty much runs everything DHCP, DNS, Shared Files, Backups, VPN... has had some permissions corruption. These are pretty much not allowing any changes to be made and this was noticed in a recent maintenance schedule, Firmware update and Database update. I have done some trouble shooting and can not find the cause.

As basic an operation of copying a file or folder from Admins user\Documents to User\Desktop generates and access denied error.

When attempting to install software, Access is Denied error.

Offline Backups failing due to write failures in VSS (network service has write permissions but apparently cannot start the VSS)

Attempts to open WebcacheV01.dat for read /write access denied.

Adding new printers to print server Access denied installing the device drivers.

Injecting drivers to Windows images Access is Denied...

Has anyone ran into an issue like this and if so were you able to resolve the issue.

I have UAC on, have checked permissions and Inheritance on folders and Reg Keys. To no avail.

I am pulling my hair out over this one.

Thank you

Thursday, February 4, 2016 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please make sure that you logon with a suitable account and this account has the permission on the resources.

To find the user account you logon, please run the command below:

whoami

Also, please try to logon with the domain admin account to check if the issue persists.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 5, 2016 9:11 AM