Is there a way to add an external URL link onto the home page of the SSP (Self-Service Portal)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We already have a list of FAQs on our intranet, and I want to place a link to it on the SSP home page under Knowledge Base articles. I know that I can put the link in the "See External Content" section after the user clicks the link on the home page under "Top knowledge base articles."  But I'm not creating an article, and I want to minimize the number of clicks and just have the URL on the home page.  Is there an easy way to do this?  Must I configure the page in IIS?  Do I need to mess with the HTML on the page?

Thanks,

David

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:44 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Yes go the EndUser portal directory (should be in "%systemdrive%\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal").

Modify Home.aspx, MasterPages\ServiceManagerCommandsMaster.Master, and MasterPages\ServiceManagerPortal.Master to add the links wherever you want.

Paresh
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:06 PM
    Answerer
  • hello,

I wanted to insert two URL links just below request for help URL, is this possible, in that case, where do i need to insert my codes.

thanks any help is appreciated.

bejoy

Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:48 AM