none
DPM 2010 Agent Installation failing on Windows server 2008 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• HI DPM Guys

Am facing an issue on installation of DPM 2010 Agent in windows 2008 R2 servers with following error ====== I have installed DPM 2010N on VM and Microsoft says it will support.

Installing agent and configure for dpmserver =[abc.com\VM-DPM2010-01]
    DPMAgentInstaller failed with errorcode =0x80070643, error says: Fatal error dur
    ing installation. (This am getting on server where am Installing manually)

Install protection agent on server.abc.com failed:
    Error 346: DPM is unable to retrieve the configuration information from server.abc.com.
    Error details: Unknown error (0x80041010) (0x80041010)
    Recommended action: Ensure that the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service is started. If the firewall is turned on, on server.abc.comb make sure that an exception for WMI is created--This error am getting while pushing agent from DPM server.

I have tried all option which I got in this forums and I have installed QFE patch download from net still am not able to success so any expert guys out there to help

Thanks 

kumar

Monday, June 4, 2012 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Kumar,

Please uninstall the DPM agnet from the control panel, also delete any left-overs in the registry under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager.

Reboot the sevrer and try to install the DPM agent once more. Please post information regarding your progress.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Monday, June 4, 2012 10:54 AM