Problem with BranchCache RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm testing BranchCache Hosted Mode in a virtual lab environment. I have in following environment: - Windows server 2016 Standard File Server with BranchCache for Network Files role installed. The server has a shared folder with the option "Enable BranchCache on the file share" activated and two files of about 40 MB. This server has an IP of a LAN 192.168.150.0/24 - Windows server 2016 Standard, for Hosted Server, with the BranchCache feature installed. The server has an IP of a 192.168.151.0/24 LAN. The configuration is as follows:

- 2 Windows 10 Enterprise client with BranchCache enabled. Computers have an IP of 192.168.151.0/24 LAN. The configuration is as follows:

- Between the LANs 192.168.150.0/24 and 192.168.151.0/4 there is a WAN emulator appliance. It is used to put latency in the network. In this case, there is a latency of 100 ms. - All servers and client computers are joined to a domain. The BranchCache policies are configured using GPO. The firewall of all computers is disabled and there are no communication problems between all the computers. From the windows 10 client, I access the file correctly in the content server and download it. When I access the file for the second time, the file is downloaded again from the content server. The following error appears in the event viewer:

The client never downloads the file from the hosted server. Any help where can the problem be? Thank you

Javier

Monday, November 6, 2017 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Based on the complexity and the specific situation, we need do more researches. If we have any updates or any thoughts about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated. If you have further information during this period, you could post it on the forum, which help us understand and analyze this issue comprehensively.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:43 AM