none
Confusion - two Virtual Machines installed on Win 7 Prof PC RRS feed

• Question

• Run Win 7 Prof, have Virt Mach installed, but confusing thing is there are TWO showing up, when I look at description (hovering over the folder/file name) the description is very similar

Virtual Machine Shell Information
    Machine Status: Running (VM One) Hibernated (VM Two)
    Primary Disk: c:\users\heinz\app data\local\microsoft\windows virtual pc\virtual machines\ THEN THE LAST BIT DIFFERS

VM One Temple.vhd

VM Two Windows xp mode.vhd

Now question is - does it matter if both are on system, I use VM two when I start using the VM (works well, though any Spreadsheet I save takes quite a bit of time to save/close, a 5-10 seconds, compared to nearly instant in normal usage on old xp pc)

If I try to delete the VM One (emple.vhd) I get no further, to program selection etc but a screen asks me to reboot etc

Happy to leave both on the system, but maybe this slows down the system unnecessarily, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Carlos

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• As long as "Temple.vhd" is turned off, it will not affect your systems performance.

With Virtual PC, you can install many VMs on your computer. There is no need to reboot for a VM deletion.  It's simply a set of files on your hard drive. You should be able to delete it from the WVPC settings menu.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:56 PM
  • Hi,

It doesn’t matter, don’t worry, it doesn’t affect your computer.

More reference:

Remove-VMHardDiskDrive:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh848563.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:45 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? How about the solution we have provided? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:30 AM