none
DPM AccessManager Service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this x time(s). Event ID 7034 RRS feed

• Question

• I had this error happen with System Center DPM 2012 R2 and it happened while working with my Quantum Superloader 3 when I try to re-catalog a tape.  When I looked into the DPM logs at C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\DPM\DPM\Temp\DPMAccessManagerCurr.errlog, I see at the end of the log the line "WARNING Caught exception - System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array."

When I googled that exception with the acronym "DPM", I found that there is an error that can be fixed by running this query against your DPM database in SQL management studio (must include all lines in the query).

delete from dbo.tbl_MM_MediaMap
    Where DatasetID in (select DatasetId from dbo.tbl_MM_PhysicalDataset 
    where ExternalDatasetInformationId IS NOT NULL)

delete from dbo.tbl_MM_PhysicalDataset

where ExternalDatasetInformationId IS NOT NULL

Delete from dbo.tbl_MM_ExternalDatasetInformation
    where dependantdatasetid IS NULL

I hope this saves someone time.  It took me 2 hours to track down the issue.

Here's the link to the Technet article that I found for reference:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e9f4801e-6a6f-440f-ad05-65758007db69/dpm-2012-r2-ru2-kb2958100-dpm-accessmanager-service-crash?forum=dataprotectionmanager&prof=required

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:22 PM

All replies

• Some people also reported that everything worked fine after simply running DPM management shell and using the command "dpmsync -sync".  This did not work for me.
    • Proposed as answer by Kram215 Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:51 AM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:24 PM