SCSM 2012 Console - Performance Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Many of our Analyst users are having issue with the performance of SCSM and I am not sure why.

I am in a group of staff (5 users) who have administrative access, and we have no issues, it appears to only be the "Advanced Operator" role that have issues.

The console sometimes uses up to 5GB of memory (YES 5GB!) and becomes unusable until the user kills the process, and re-launches it.

The users sometimes get errors, but they vary.

Any assisttance would be appreciated.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:32 AM

Answers

• The meomory issue is known in the community but there's no known solution to it. Please register a support case at Microsoft so they can take a look at this.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:37 AM

All replies

• The meomory issue is known in the community but there's no known solution to it. Please register a support case at Microsoft so they can take a look at this.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:37 AM
  • Taylor - If you do submit a call could you please let us know what they suggested? In the same boat.

Help

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:14 PM
  • Hi

I contacted MSFT and they provided us with a hot fix :)

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:17 PM
  • Thanks would you remember the hotfix #? How are things working after the hotfix?

Help

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:07 PM
  • Hi

Its a private hotfix, so I cannot give it to you and it doesn't have a KB number.

You need to contact SA/Premier support

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:16 PM
  • Ok but did it resolve the issue? Need to know that before following up with Microsoft.

Thanks

Help

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:18 PM
  • It has improved, however not completely gone.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:24 PM
  • Hi,

Does the private hotfix have a number/reference we can qoute when speaking to MSFT?

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:07 PM
  • Hello

As I said, its a private hotfix, so I cannot disclose too much information about it. I am not aware of the number, I don't think it has one - it was provided by MSFT in ZIP format.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:30 PM
  • Looks like they are coming out with the fix in Oct 2012 which is good news.

Fix for SCSM 2012 memory consumption issue to appear in Rollup 3     
        Posted <time datetime="2012-08-27">2 days ago</time> in System Center Service Manager

A lot of folks have complained about the Service Manager 2012 console consuming huge amounts of memory.  This issue has been reproduced by Microsoft and for now, a private fix is available. To get the private fix you’ll need to open a support case.

A proper fix will be included in Update Rollup 3 which will be coming out in October 2012.

http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2012/08/27/fix-for-scsm-2012-memory-consumption-issue-to-appear-in-rollup-3/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fix-for-scsm-2012-memory-consumption-issue-to-appear-in-rollup-3

Help

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:10 AM
  • Yep, I was also told the same thing :)
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:14 AM
  • Yeah I've seen that but can't wait until October :o(.

Fingers crossed I can get it from MSFT, wish me luck :o)

Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:35 AM
  • Good luck. I am trying today to see if the fix works. Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks

Help

Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:56 AM
  • No joy for me at the moment I'm afraid.

I don't have an access code to raise a support call and can't chance paying for the call incase we don't get a refund which I assume we'd get if it's a know bug right :o)

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:48 PM
  • Ok so far so good.  Not sure why but things are working properly even with the system memory hovering at around 300k

Before it would be slow opening different views with a few incidents....now it's like snap...pow....fast. No spinning circle....for some parts. Cubes is the only part that take a bit but it still opens up faster than before.

Help

Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:04 PM
  • Then I am afraid you will have to wait until October when the RollUp comes out :)
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:55 PM
  • I have run the console for 4 days straight and it only got up to about 600k, where usually it would hit 4GB after 2 hours. So I believe the lastest patch they have provided is working :)
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:55 PM
  • Hi There,

I think the Private Fix is now in a version that would be generally available:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/12/05/scsm-update-rollup-3-ur3-update-now-available.aspx

Take care

Lasse Wilén

Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:32 PM