set-csmeetingconfiguration DesignateAsPresenter doesn't work on public meetings RRS feed

• Question

• The DesignateAsPresenter option in Get-CsMeetingConfiguration has been set to None but they seem to not take effect when changed.  We have set DesignateAsPresenter set to None yet everyone still joins as a presenter in public meetings.  My understanding based on this forum  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/925c2f68-fe09-4be3-8282-c4e77ded1752/designateaspresenter-requirements?forum=ocsconferencing&prof=required is that it works on private but not public meetings.  Did Microsoft attend it to be this way or is this a never fixed bug?  It's really annoying for people to have people have presenter rights by default.  Sure I could teach my users to do private meetings but they like the public meetings so they have a memorized id to call into.   They also can't change it in the meetings options as they are <g class="gr_ gr_903 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim gr_inline_cards ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="903" id="903">greyed</g> out in Outlook.

Any ideas?

Friday, March 10, 2017 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi yelling softly,

Regarding this issue, based on my confirmation, it is a known issue so far, we need to wait for the update from Microsoft to fix this issue.

Moreover, you could provide the feedback with the following link, we will collect all your information and improve our product as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding.
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

My dedicated space  seems to give that extra privilege for the users and  other policies seems to get applicable only to private meeting space. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:01 AM
  • Hi yelling softly,

Regarding this issue, based on my confirmation, it is a known issue so far, we need to wait for the update from Microsoft to fix this issue.

Moreover, you could provide the feedback with the following link, we will collect all your information and improve our product as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding.
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:03 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I really wish Microsoft would fix that soon as its been going on since Lync 2010.
    Monday, March 13, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Hi yelling,

You are welcome, we will provide the update as soon as possible, thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:33 AM