Applying group policy for WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• Good day

I'm running Windows server 2008 r2 platform and recently installed the WSUS role in a server that does not have active directory, I have a server which runs as a domain controller now I need to know where should i implement the group policy because I don't see group policy management in the actual WSUS server.

Do i need to implement the group policy for WSUS in that domain controller?

Regards

CHUMA MABINDLA

Saturday, November 17, 2018 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can install the Group Policy Management feature on either your WSUS server or on your Domain Controller (DC) to be able to manage and create group policies.

I would install it on another server than the DC to avoid having to log on to the DC, also because of security reasons, best would be to have a management server/client where you install all the Active Directory (AD) tools.

You can also install the Group Policy Management on a client with the Windows Remote Server Administrator Tools (RSAT).

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:40 PM
  • Hi,

If we  want to set GPO for the windows updates, it is better to set the domain GPO in the DC. We can deploy the polict to the different OU or the whole domain. It saves times than setting the local GPO for each client.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to you feedback.

Best regards,
    Johnson
    =====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, November 19, 2018 3:15 AM