Activate Server, Terminal Services Licenses, 0xc0110011 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Please stop the TS Licensing service, manually delete the expired certificates from the registry, then start TS Licensing service.  From memory I believe the TSLS will come back up as Activated and will work fine.  If not you may need to re-activate.  Below are the registry keys to delete (from the blog page):

· HKLM\Software\Microsoft\TermServLicensing\Certificates

· HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\TermservLicensing\Parameters\Certificates.000

· HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\TermservLicensing\Parameters\Certificates.001

Thanks.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by TP []MVP Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tacheleu Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:38 PM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:31 PM
  • Hi,

No, you should not lose your TS CALs.  I have done this on several servers in different environments over recent months with no negative effects.

NOTE: The most important thing with RDS/TS Licensing is to keep your authorization numbers and license agreement numbers/retail pack codes, depending on the way you purchased, in a safe place.  As long as you have this information you can always re-install your RDS/TS CALs if you need to.

-TP

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please stop the TS Licensing service, manually delete the expired certificates from the registry, then start TS Licensing service.  From memory I believe the TSLS will come back up as Activated and will work fine.  If not you may need to re-activate.  Below are the registry keys to delete (from the blog page):

· HKLM\Software\Microsoft\TermServLicensing\Certificates

· HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\TermservLicensing\Parameters\Certificates.000

· HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\TermservLicensing\Parameters\Certificates.001

Thanks.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by TP []MVP Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:31 PM
  • If I do this, I won't lose the CAL on the server of terminal services¿?
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:09 PM
  • No, this is alluded to in the blog post:

Note: The license server database is not corrupted, so there is no need to rebuild the database or reinstall the license server.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:11 PM
  • Hi,

No, you should not lose your TS CALs.  I have done this on several servers in different environments over recent months with no negative effects.

NOTE: The most important thing with RDS/TS Licensing is to keep your authorization numbers and license agreement numbers/retail pack codes, depending on the way you purchased, in a safe place.  As long as you have this information you can always re-install your RDS/TS CALs if you need to.

-TP

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:27 PM
  • OK, is fixed.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:39 PM