Enabling Wifi before logon Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to enable Wifi before logon on Windows 7?  I need this for Cisco Anyconnect SBL.  I have followed this article from spiceworks, but it has not worked.

http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/2047-enable-wireless-connection-pre-logon-on-domain.  If anyone has a workable solution, please share the steps.

thank you,

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As I know, my Windows 7 has connected to the wireless before I logon. After the research, I found the wireless connection speed is related to the NIC card's driver.

We could adjust some options in the wireless properties, but actually the speed is based on the driver but not the system.And, this is the only workaround I found from the database.

You can try updating your driver to the latest version to see if it can make any changes.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Annie Gu

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, February 25, 2013 8:14 AM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please check if this helps?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/86c07850-f120-4b92-9575-dfc7cf57f788

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:53 AM
  • I have tried this article already, and it did not work.
    Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:10 AM
  • Hi,

As I know, my Windows 7 has connected to the wireless before I logon. After the research, I found the wireless connection speed is related to the NIC card's driver.

We could adjust some options in the wireless properties, but actually the speed is based on the driver but not the system.And, this is the only workaround I found from the database.

You can try updating your driver to the latest version to see if it can make any changes.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Annie Gu

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, February 25, 2013 8:14 AM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 9:35 AM
  • Annie,

I am not referring to speed.  I want to be able to have my Wireless connection to be detected even before login to windows.  I am testing this for Cisco AnyConnect.

Friday, March 29, 2013 2:49 PM