List does not exist error for Mac user RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint 2010 server with about 24 users that are active on it.  One is a MacBook user that is having issues viewing tasks.  When she opens the site and goes to tasks the list is there.  When she clicks on a task she gets an error stating

List does not exist.

The page you selected contains a list that doese not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.

Other users can access tasks with no issues.  I have checked her SharePoint persmissions and she is a Home Member with Contibute rights.  She can access the site fine, just tasks go silly on her.

Steve Melcher CCNA, SSCP, MCTS 311 W. Monroe, Suite 1300 Chicago, IL 60606 Tel-312.775.3466

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Just two suggetion:

1. Chek the log file in 14 hive and let us know if you get something there

2. Delete her from the site and add again. Then go to tasks list and check her permission.

Let usknow your result

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:41 AM
  • I tried those with no luck.  Could it be an ActiveX issue?  I am not very knowledgable on SharePoint operations, but if it relies on ActiveX there might be an issue with the MacBook access.

Steve Melcher CCNA, SSCP, MCTS 311 W. Monroe, Suite 1300 Chicago, IL 60606 Tel-312.775.3466

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Hi,

I have not much idea about Macbook. I have found a good article about macbook.

Read this if it can give any idea.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/opal/archive/2010/11/13/sharepoint-2010-on-a-mac-with-office-for-mac-2011.aspx

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:58 AM