WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -- Need help -- I am currently trying to provide a design to deploy patches thru WSUS only for the server infra,  
    The first data center has 2000 servers 
    the second has a count of 500 servers 
    the third has a count of 500 servers  
    and there are 10 + remote location with good bandwidth 

Here is the solution I think about please help me if I am right or I need any modification 
    Data center 1 with an upstream server and SQL standard installed on a separate server (not opting WID or SQL server) / Configured to Express Installation Files 
    Data center 2 with a WSUS downstream server with SQL standard installed on a server server 
    Dara center 3 with a WSUS downstream server with SQL standard installed on a server server
    All other remote locations configure with WSUS downstream server with WID as the numbers are not high 

Here are my questions?
    Do I need WSUS cluster or this would suffix? 
    Do I need SQL server installed on a separate server or can I opt the same server (I mean the WSUS server)
    Do I need SQL on both the data center or WID would suffix 
    Please correct me if I am wrong with the design 
    Friday, December 21, 2018 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You have posted your question twice. Refer to https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-CN/e53c243d-949d-4a7d-a8a9-b2bc88997888/wsus-design?forum=winserverwsus

Best Regards,

Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 21, 2018 9:27 PM