WS_FTP Pro 12 - cannot connect to server with SSL Session RRS feed

• Question

• I have sequenced WS_FTP Pro 12 (using v4.6 SP1/Win7 64bit) and am unable to make a successful FTP server connection when using any sort of Server Type that requires an SSL session. The sequence works fine with a regular FTP session, yet any of the secure FTP sessions will fail, the log only gives the following:

Connecting to ###.###.##.##:990

Connected to ###.###.##.##:990 in 0.000000 seconds, Waiting for Server Response

Initializing SSL Session ...

Failed to create SSL session.

Host type (1): AUTO

An additional byproduct of this issue is that anytime I go to view the advanced options for a site connection I also get an error: "Failed to load OpenPGP keys from the keyrings."

I've installed the software locally and everything works fine.

I'm still new to App-V so I apologize if I'm missing some pertinent details.

Thank you for any help you can offer. 

Friday, December 9, 2011 2:29 PM

Answers

• Yes you probably copied the IPSWITCH to another PC under different user.

For Failed to create SSL session go to C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Ipswitch\WS_FTP\SSL\ find the wsftpssl.ini file and edit it. Replace an old <account name> to the <your account name>, then save a file.

Re-open IPSWITCH and you will be fine.

For issues with PGP and SSH do the same - find *.ini file under the folder you need and edit it, replacing an incorrect path.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Use Process Monitor to determine what happens and see if it can locate all resources it needs
    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Friday, December 9, 2011 3:25 PM
  •  "Failed to load OpenPGP keys from the keyrings.": Did you copy Ipswitch to a new machine?  Check your pathnames in C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Ipswitch\WS_FTP\pgp\ipspgp.ini and reset where needed.

Failed to create SSL session.:  No idea.  Still trying to figure that one out myself.  :-/

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:04 PM
  • Yes you probably copied the IPSWITCH to another PC under different user.

For Failed to create SSL session go to C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Ipswitch\WS_FTP\SSL\ find the wsftpssl.ini file and edit it. Replace an old <account name> to the <your account name>, then save a file.

Re-open IPSWITCH and you will be fine.

For issues with PGP and SSH do the same - find *.ini file under the folder you need and edit it, replacing an incorrect path.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 5:56 PM