"user@email address" is already in use by "other user" RRS feed

• Question

• I disabled the "other user" account and I still can't use an address I want for the first user. I copied this other users profile to create the first user and now can't change first users email address or find other users mailbox to change properties there. Thanks for any help proffered.
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:03 PM

Answers

• I disabled the "other user" account and I still can't use an address I want for the first user. I copied this other users profile to create the first user and now can't change first users email address or find other users mailbox to change properties there. Thanks for any help proffered.

Did disable the AD account or mailbox? Disabling the AD account doesn't remove the SMTP address from it.

Blog:    Twitter:   

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Thursday, May 19, 2016 8:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Thursday, June 2, 2016 1:43 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:23 PM
  • Hi Vegasnext,

Agree with Andy, I also recommend you refer to the following article to understand the relationship between AD account and mailbox.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232039(v=exchg.150).aspx

Base on your situation, there are two ways to solve:

1. Delete "other user" AD account and reconnect the mailbox to the "first user"

2. Create a new email address for "first user"

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 19, 2016 8:50 AM

All replies

Did disable the AD account or mailbox? Disabling the AD account doesn't remove the SMTP address from it.

Blog:    Twitter:   

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Thursday, May 19, 2016 8:17 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:23 PM
  • Hi Vegasnext,

Agree with Andy, I also recommend you refer to the following article to understand the relationship between AD account and mailbox.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232039(v=exchg.150).aspx

Base on your situation, there are two ways to solve:

1. Delete "other user" AD account and reconnect the mailbox to the "first user"

2. Create a new email address for "first user"

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 19, 2016 8:50 AM
  • Use the MFCMAPI, login to any account. Click on the address book, open the "View AB Hierarchy". From there open the global address list. Click on the desired user. Double Click on the "PR_EMS_AB_PROXY_ADDRESSES". Change the value you want. This should work.

ranjeet k

Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:04 PM