none
Multi Line Text Custom Field RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Pradeep,

Can you be more specific? Is it a project or task enterprise custom field?

Did you fill it from PWA?

Did you correctly save and publish the project?

Are you able to correctly open the project in Project Pro connected to Project Server?

Please give us more information and we'll glad to help you.

Cheers.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, March 21, 2014 8:28 AM
  • Hi Guillaume Rouyre,

I have created project enterprise custom field. and it is multiline.. i am not able to see this field in views and project professional. Rest is all working fine.

Friday, March 21, 2014 8:32 AM
  • When you say that you are not able to see it, are you talking about the field itself or the values?

Have you inserted the field in project center views using the manage views feature in server settings?

When you go to the project information in Project Pro, do you see you field?

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, March 21, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Pradeep,

Multline text fields are not usable in project professional. You cannot access them from project professional or add them in any views. They can only be added in PDP's to accept and display data.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee767683(v=office.14).aspx

Hope his helps

Thank you,

Kiran K.

Friday, March 21, 2014 9:06 AM
  • I tried to insert the field in project summary view, but i can't see the field there.

and the same field is not visible in project information .

Friday, March 21, 2014 10:03 AM
  • Pradeep,

You cannot access Multiline text fields from Project Professional and in Project Server Views. These fields are for use in Project Details pages and with workflow for demand management in Project Server. Please refer to the article shared in earlier post.

I would recommend you to create a Excel/SSRS report if you would like to show data available in this fields to end users.

Hope this helps.

===================================================

Thank you,

Kiran K.

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful

Friday, March 21, 2014 10:29 AM