File Shortcut to 'Performance Options' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

How can I make a shortcut that goes to 'Performance Options'

'Control systempropertiesperformance' does not seem to work on XP so it must be for 7 or whatever.

Regards, R

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:33 PM

All replies

• Bump.

Ive found a program that does it but id still like to link directly to it (NOT the advanced tab in system properties) Here, this also does not open the tool it just changes the settings in performance options then saves them.

There must be some namespace/GUID for it surely or even some keyword representing it for use inside of programs such as control panel.

I have seen hex GUID (or something HEX) in some file shortcuts, it is faded so you cant change it, and entering it in a new shortcut does not work as windows cannot point to anything relevant/matching this string.

I also don't know how to have a file shortcut to other tools in system properties such as user profiles, docking/hardware profile settings, and virtual memory.

I don't know if any functions inside of sysdm.cpl are relevant, and I'm still looking for dll's related/non related to sysdm.cpl that have these system properties tools in them.

• Edited by rocklore Wednesday, December 25, 2013 2:36 AM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 11:06 PM