none
Entry Bar for Bar Styles RRS feed

• Question

• How do you access the entry bar for the bar styles? In older versions of Project, this bar, like the standard entry bar, was always on the bar styles menu by default, but now it is not. Does it still exist?
    Friday, May 19, 2017 8:24 PM

Answers

• da_raw1 --

Pardon me for bumping into this thread, but I can answer your question.  The entry bar is not hidden.  Rather, it appears Microsoft removed this feature in the 2013 and 2016 versions of Microsoft Project.  Why they did this, I do not know.  But I can confirm it is gone and I cannot find any way to display it in the Bar Styles dialog.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:53 PM

All replies

• da_raw1,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but for Project 2010 and up the bar styles is accessed via Format > Bar Styles group > Format icon. When you click on the icon you will see two options, one for Bar and one for Bar Styles. Select Bar Styles and it will open the Bar Styles window.

Hope this helps,

John

Friday, May 19, 2017 10:05 PM
  • Hi John,

Thank you for the reply, but that is not what I am talking about.  In the early versions of Project through 2010, when you open the Bar Styles menu, there is actually a formula bar there like the entry bar in the Project schedule itself where you can type in that bar.  In 2013, this formula bar is not visible.  Is gone or is it hidden?  Take a look a at this picture that I have attached.

Reggie

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:00 PM
  • da_raw1 --

Pardon me for bumping into this thread, but I can answer your question.  The entry bar is not hidden.  Rather, it appears Microsoft removed this feature in the 2013 and 2016 versions of Microsoft Project.  Why they did this, I do not know.  But I can confirm it is gone and I cannot find any way to display it in the Bar Styles dialog.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:53 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I actually recognize your name as you have helped me once before.  Well, I must say this is HIGHLY disappointing that this bar was removed.  Well, that mystery is solved.  Thanks for the feedback.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:24 PM