none
Queue Problems - Projects Unable to Update through PSI RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi, 

    We're experiencing issues with updating some of our projects using Projects Servers web interface. A total of 5 of our 40 projects are experiencing the issue. All are using the same data fields. The issuehappen when a PM tried to update any field, then save. The project gets stuck at "Getting Queued", looking at the Queue Jobs, it will be stuck at 40% or 50%. If a few of the problem projects are stuck then the entire queue doesn't move. So cancelling looks to be our only option. This is the error we see after cancelling it in the logs:

    PWA:http://xxxxx, ServiceApp:Project Server Service Application, User:DCS\admin, PSI: [QUEUE] ProjectQ: NonFailed Job has errors: JobType StatusApproval GroupUID: d4a530a3-59cf-41b3-abba-9894d4e748f2 CorrelationUID: 8751ce0d-ce94-45f7-9421-a01a7414d36d Errors: StatusingInternalError, StatusingInternalError, StatusingApplyUpdatesFailure

    Not cancelling the project brings up this over and over in the logs:

    PWA:http://xxxxx, ServiceApp:Project Server Service Application, User:DCS\leeje, PSI: [QUEUE] [PSI] ReadProjectJobStatus(...)

    Does any one know what the problem is? We can't figure out what causes this issue to occur in the first place. 

    More info:

    1. Project can be opened in Project Pro 2010 - updated and published without issue. 

    2. Project Server 2010 SP1 w\SQL Server 2008 R2

    Thank you, Brian


    • Edited by B Sandoval Monday, September 17, 2012 2:16 PM typo
    Monday, September 17, 2012 2:14 PM

Answers

  • Hi Brian--

    I have seen this issue for some of the projects for one of my customer & during the analysis, we found some corrupted data is responsible for project saved/published from PWA though it worked for save/publish from MS project.
    The reason behind this could be the scheduling engine difference of PWA & MS project. You may need to save these project locally as XML file & import it to server via MS project. It will remove the data corruption from project & later you should be able to save/publish using PWA.

    Hope that helps. 

     


    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

    • Marked as answer by B Sandoval Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:30 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:15 AM

All replies

  • Hi Brian,

    Are you using any custom event handler?


    Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Monday, September 17, 2012 5:19 PM
    Moderator
  • We a not using any custom event handlers. We have a simple implementation for our small group of 18 users. It's mostly an out-of-box experience with exception of custom fields, simple workflow, and project detail pages. 


    Monday, September 17, 2012 8:13 PM
  • Hi Brian--

    I have seen this issue for some of the projects for one of my customer & during the analysis, we found some corrupted data is responsible for project saved/published from PWA though it worked for save/publish from MS project.
    The reason behind this could be the scheduling engine difference of PWA & MS project. You may need to save these project locally as XML file & import it to server via MS project. It will remove the data corruption from project & later you should be able to save/publish using PWA.

    Hope that helps. 

     


    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

    • Marked as answer by B Sandoval Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:30 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:15 AM
  • I agree with Amit. Before xml round trip method, try save for sharing method with one project first


    Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:10 PM
    Moderator
  • Tried Save for Sharing, but didn't seem to make a difference. Saved as both .mpp and .xml. 

    Tried XML method and it has worked on 2 out of 3 projects I have tried so far. I will continue using this method on the remaining project and will report back here. I'll also have to determine if it permanently fixed our issues after staff have submitted their time sheets at end of week.  

    Thanks.


    • Edited by B Sandoval Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:27 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:27 PM