Lync Phone Edition Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm planning to deploy the Lync Phones (Polycom CX600) in a new environment, in the planning I want to decide on the active directory server / CA either to use windows 2008 r2 standard or enterprise.

The thing is that the standard edition version of windows that I will install the CA on does not support the NDES (Network Device Enrolment Service) on its CA.

Only windows 2008 server r2 Enterprise edition with CA installed on it that support the NDES

Do I need this CA feature (NDES) to get the Lync phones working and pulling the certificates? or I can use the standard edition of the windows 2008 r2?

regards,

Friday, January 13, 2012 3:55 PM

Answers

• You can use both editions, since you will not use NDES for Lync Phone Edition.

You will only need to publish your root CA to your AD, so that the devices can pull it from.

Turgay

Friday, January 13, 2012 7:02 PM
  • Hi,TeeeEG,

Agree with Turgay,NDES is not required for Lync phone edition.It can find the certificate by using either the PKI auto-enrollment object in AD DS or a well-known distinguished name (DN).You can check the certifiactes for Lync phone edition for more details.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, February 3, 2012 1:34 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:48 AM

All replies

• You can use both editions, since you will not use NDES for Lync Phone Edition.

You will only need to publish your root CA to your AD, so that the devices can pull it from.

Turgay

Friday, January 13, 2012 7:02 PM
  • Hi,TeeeEG,

Agree with Turgay,NDES is not required for Lync phone edition.It can find the certificate by using either the PKI auto-enrollment object in AD DS or a well-known distinguished name (DN).You can check the certifiactes for Lync phone edition for more details.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, February 3, 2012 1:34 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:48 AM