none
Baseline moves when I change date format! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

There is somethings strange happening when I change date format from DDMMYY HH:MM to just DDMMYY.

When I make the change to the format, all my the baseline task bars move left to 00:00 - my default start time. It seems to round them to the start of the day - though not the active task bars

This makes any task not starting at 00:00 look late when it isn't.

My client reports need the date format in DDMMYY so I don't want to change this if I can help it, and when I sent the mpp file to a colleague the issue didn't occur. I have compared his option settings and they are exactly the same as mine so I can't explain it...

I can't attach a screenshot as my account isn't verified yet so hopefully can do it in due course.

Any thoughts???

Sean

Friday, June 26, 2015 11:32 AM

All replies

• Sean,

First of all, which version of Project are you using? Second, is it updated with the latest service pack and public updates? Third, how exactly are you changing the date format? Fourth, do you have the option to "round bars to whole days" checked or unchecked when you go to Format/Format group/Layout?

Once we understand a little more about what you have and how you are changing the date format, then maybe we can help you.

John

Friday, June 26, 2015 2:47 PM