Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth and scroll wheel problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I  have the Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth installed on Vista Ultimate RTM with both IntelliType Pro 6.1 (6.10.155.0) and IntelliPoint 6.1 (6.10.155.0) and I'm having a problem with the scroll wheel intermittently working.  Sometimes I can get it to come back, but usually it does not work at all.  This is a new keyboard and mouse with the latest supported drivers - any ideas?

I've also noticed that if I reboot the system and do not logon for awhile, the system completely looses both the keyboard and mouse connections and I  have to pull and replace the dongle to get Vista to recognize the devices.  I'm also experiencing the sleep/hibernate issues, but I understand there is a private fix for that.  Bluetooth support seems a bit dodgy so far...
    Friday, March 2, 2007 5:42 AM

All replies

• I am having the same problem with the scroll wheel.  The special keyboard keys aren't working either.

Has anyone gotten it to work consistently?
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:28 AM
  • Not as far as I've seen - I notice that it happens consistantly when switching back and forth betwee a full screen application (like a game), and I can usually get it to come back by pulling and reinserting the bluetooth dongle.

I have not tried to assign any of the special keys yet.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:06 PM
  •  Brad Turner wrote:

Not as far as I've seen - I notice that it happens consistantly when switching back and forth betwee a full screen application (like a game), and I can usually get it to come back by pulling and reinserting the bluetooth dongle.

I have not tried to assign any of the special keys yet.

I have a normal USB Optical scroll mouse and I am facing a similar problem but it is most annoying.

For no reason, the windows scrolls up and down even when I do not use the scroll wheel on the mouse and it also happens when I play games.

I can solve this scroll issues in games by disabling the scroll wheel key in Games, but what about normal Windows or other applications. It just is annoying and very inconvienet. Any Help on this appreciated.

By the way I have Vista Ultimate installed on my machine.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 11:18 PM