DFS Replication help needed ! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a file server with arond 8 TB data which I want to replicate to my other site which is our DR site.FIle server contains .tiff and .pdf files.

I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 both sides.I recently configure DFS-R from my primary site to secondary but since last 4-5 days data is not copy over.Before setting up DFS-R I have a copy of that data on both sides so I belive it has not to copy all 8 TB but still data is not modifyied at DR site.

I am using DFSRMon.exe to monitor and it says InitialSync.Can anyone help me or guide me with this please.

Thanks!

Vijay

Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please run the command "Dfsradmin Membership List /RGname:<replication group name> /attr:MemName,RFName,IsPrimary" to determine if there is a primary member.

If there is no primary server, you could try a command to set a server as primary member:

Dfsradmin Membership Set /RGName:<RG Name> /RFName:<RF Name> /MemName:<Member Name> /IsPrimary:True

If the issue still exists, please check if there any error message in the Event Log.

Best Regards,

Mandy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mandy Ye Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mandy Ye Monday, February 9, 2015 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7:12 AM

All replies

• > Before setting up DFS-R I have a copy of that data on bothsides

How did you create this copy?

And be aware: DFSR is NOT DR!!!

Martin

Mal ein GUTES Buch über GPOs lesen?

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment :))
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:18 PM
  • We used Robocopy before we configure DFS-R.

I want to use DFS-R to replicate my file server so that I can have two copies of my file server on both sides.

Thanks,

Vijay

Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:06 PM
  • > We used Robocopy before we configure DFS-R.

How exactly?

And having 2 copies is ok, but DFS-R will replicate deletions in
    lightspeed...

Martin

Mal ein GUTES Buch über GPOs lesen?

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment :))
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:52 PM
  • Is there any way to check what exactly happining inside.

I can only see a status InitialSync but don't have any visibility what is going on in DFS-R and my folders on other side is not updating.

Monday, January 19, 2015 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

Please run the command "Dfsradmin Membership List /RGname:<replication group name> /attr:MemName,RFName,IsPrimary" to determine if there is a primary member.

If there is no primary server, you could try a command to set a server as primary member:

Dfsradmin Membership Set /RGName:<RG Name> /RFName:<RF Name> /MemName:<Member Name> /IsPrimary:True

If the issue still exists, please check if there any error message in the Event Log.

Best Regards,

Mandy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mandy Ye Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mandy Ye Monday, February 9, 2015 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7:12 AM