Adding authoritative Domains - Cannot send RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Exchange 2013 Server and a working domain..  Lets call it aa.com .   I have setup the exchange to except mail from BBB.com by adding it as a Authoritative domain.    That works great .  but I cannot sent from any user using user@bbb.com .   I cannot find a way to select or send using that address.

Spent lots of time on line with Dell support .  They have no idea other then to say you need to add it to your AD.  But wont tell me how.  Cant find any articles to add a second domain to AD lots on child articles  like sss.aa.com   sss being the child but not adding a different domain.

So looking for help on how to send using the second domain name ..

Many thanks

Bill

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:49 AM

All replies

• you need to set the address as the replyto address

In activedirectory in attribute editor for the user this will be the Email address that starts with uppercase SMTP:

you will find this in the proxyaddresses attribute. Or in Exchange in the properties of the user..email tab.set as reply.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

After creating an accept domain, you also need to create an email address policies to modify email address for your mailboxes:

Create an email address policies to modify email address for mailboxes:

Result:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:06 AM