Enable to create New Document Library in Windows 10 Client using SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My customers have a problem to create New Document Library from a Windows 10 client. The create button is grayed and the user cannot proceed with the creation. If the same user try to do the same from any client other than Windows 10 it works fine. It's the same for me, even though I have the highest level of permission but when I use a client with Windows 10 I get the same problem.

Even the layout is different between them. This is the layout I get with Windows 10 client:

Create New Document Library

And this is the window I get when I use other client than Windows 10:

Create New Document Library with any client

Is there known issue of the combined SharePoint 2010 and Windows 10?

I appreciate any idea and thank you in advance.

Best regards

//Ashraf

Friday, April 15, 2016 11:01 AM

Answers

• Ashraf-

I have faced the issue long back, the issue was with the SilverLight plugin. It worked for me in the browsers where the SilverLight is disabled. May be some compatibility issues with the SilverLight plugin, so try disabling it. Your SharePoint should fall back to normal web page mode instead of Silverlight screen for list creation.

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Friday, April 29, 2016 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which browser do you use in Windows 10? Edge or IE?

Please try to use IE to create a new document library.

If the issue still exists, please make sure you have added SharePoint site in trusted sites and opened SharePoint site in compatibility mode.

Feel freely to reply if there is any update.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 18, 2016 3:29 AM
  • Hi Dean,

I use IE, FireFox and Chrome. The only one is working is Chrome.
    I have added the site to the trusted sites but I got the same problem.

Best Regards

//Ashraf

Monday, April 18, 2016 2:04 PM
  • What version of IE are you using?

I want to say this is because of IE 11 and you not having an up to date version of SharePoint. Trying rolling your IE to IE 10

If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.

• Edited by taylor.l Monday, April 18, 2016 2:51 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 2:48 PM
  • I'm using IE 11 as the standard browser at Windows 10.

There is no way to rollback IE11 to 10 at Windows 10, I mean you can't run IE10 at Windows 10.
    In other words I have to find a solution with IE11.

Thanks
    //Ashraf

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:03 AM
  • Hi Ashraf,

Which version of IE11 do you use? 32bit or 64bit?

If is 64bit, please try to disable Enhanced Protected Mode feature and access Program Files (86) to open 32bit IE.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:15 AM
  • Those are different screens and pages. That doesn't mean that your two test cases are invalid because they are being run differently but it is the simplest and most likely cause.

You need to confirm that the process that is being followed in both cases is identical otherwise you don't have a valid comparison. If you can use a screen sharing app that would be the best way to watch your client performing the operation.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Hi Dean,

The IE is 64bit and the features you mentioned are already unchecked.

Regards

//Ashraf

Friday, April 29, 2016 9:04 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Yes, there is different screens but the same button/menu I request. When I run IE 11 on Windows 10 I get the first screen, but I get the second one when I run IE 9,10,11 with all OS other than Windows 10.

I mean I request the same page "New Document Library " but I get different screens.

I can share my screens with you using Teamviewer if you have time to show you?

Regards

//Ashraf 

Friday, April 29, 2016 9:16 AM
  • Ashraf-

I have faced the issue long back, the issue was with the SilverLight plugin. It worked for me in the browsers where the SilverLight is disabled. May be some compatibility issues with the SilverLight plugin, so try disabling it. Your SharePoint should fall back to normal web page mode instead of Silverlight screen for list creation.

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Friday, April 29, 2016 12:36 PM
  • Hi Rajesh,

It was a great tip and solution :)
    It solved the problem immediately after disabling the "SilverLight" I restarted the browser (IE) and everything works as it should.

Many many thanks Rajesh.

Regards
    //Ashraf

Friday, April 29, 2016 1:17 PM