none
need to copy dpm data to cloud RRS feed

• Question

• i'm trying to copy protected data off of the dpm volumes and into s3 using cloudberry.  is there an easy way to read the volumes?  i tried mounting them and that seems to be locking up the files causing inconsistent replicas.  is there a way to dump out a copy of the data i'm trying to copy up to the cloud?  if that is the case is it possible to do it incrementally?  i can't upload huge files like that everyday.  
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:08 AM

Answers

• i'm trying to copy protected data off of the dpm volumes and into s3 using cloudberry.  is there an easy way to read the volumes?  i tried mounting them and that seems to be locking up the files causing inconsistent replicas.  is there a way to dump out a copy of the data i'm trying to copy up to the cloud?  if that is the case is it possible to do it incrementally?  i can't upload huge files like that everyday.  

Hi Jwang123,

Microsoft DPM MVP Yegor has done something like this and he is the only one that I know of. He used custom volumes and Firestreamer to get the data up to Dropbox cloud. Here is a link to his blog post explaining what he did to accomplish this: http://tinyurl.com/DPM-and-Dropbox-by-Yegor . It may help give you insight into what you are trying to do.

HTH

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:54 AM

All replies

Hi Jwang123,

Microsoft DPM MVP Yegor has done something like this and he is the only one that I know of. He used custom volumes and Firestreamer to get the data up to Dropbox cloud. Here is a link to his blog post explaining what he did to accomplish this: http://tinyurl.com/DPM-and-Dropbox-by-Yegor . It may help give you insight into what you are trying to do.

HTH

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:54 AM
  • Archiving thread for house cleaning purposes please repost if issue is still occurring.

Regards, A.Nadar, This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 6:13 AM