Outlook 2016 : Conditional Formatting Only Working for Single Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys - 

I have 3 different O365 accounts (all different domains / separate entities) which I have configured in my local installation of Outlook 2016.  I typically apply a few conditional formatting rules to each account - currently just two rules to change the color of emails sent only to me and ones sent to a specific group.

I configured a couple of conditions for my first account which applied immediately successfully.  I then selected my 2nd account and proceeded to create the same rules.  Once done, they did not apply, though; as the colors of the emails did not change.  They did not work for my 3rd account either.

I've confirmed that the conditions are configured the exact same way as the first and have tried many things including removing and re-adding the accounts without luck.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Ben K.

Friday, June 22, 2018 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

May I know how you added the other two Office 365 accounts in your Outlook? Added as separate accounts via File > Add Account, or as additional mailboxes via Account Settings > More Settings > Advanced > Add?

Do the conditional formatting rules work if we create separate Outlook profiles for these accounts?

May I know what rules you created and how you created the rules so that we may try testing it in our environment to see the result?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Steve Fan Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:50 AM typo
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, June 29, 2018 10:05 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Hello Ben,

Any update here? Feel free to post back if further assistance is needed.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:51 AM