none
Can't publish a workflow in Project Online from SharePoint Designer 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using Project Online, and SharePoint Designer 2013 on my laptop, to create a workflow.

I get the following error when I try to publish the workflow:

Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ActivityValidationException: Workflow XAML failed validation due to the following errors:
    Cannot set unknown member 'CompositeTask.RelatedContentLinkListItemIntegerId'. HTTP headers received from the server - ActivityId: d09c8b63-8d85-4edb-b931-3232d0928576. NodeId: . Scope: . Client ActivityId : 11b41f9c-2095-f0ac-627e-f03dfdd37d7d. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
       at Microsoft.Workflow.Common.AsyncResult.End[TAs

It saves but won't publish.

By a process of trial and error I have narrowed it down to something to do with starting a task process. As soon as I have "then start a task process with global admin (Task outcome to Variable:Outcomes2)"

I get the error.

This blog describes the error, but I don't think the solution will work in the online scenario.

http://sp2013-blog.com/2013/04/solution-errors-were-found-when-compiling-the-workflow-the-workflow-files-were-saved-but-cannot-be-run-cannot-set-unknown-member/

Has anyone experienced this in Online?

Thanks

Ryan

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:04 AM

Answers

• Fixed it by re-installing SharePoint Designer 3 times. First two from our company, the third I downloaded directly from Microsoft. It was that one that detected that it hadn't properly un-installed the previous times, and now it works!

• Marked as answer by Ryan A Darby Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:28 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:28 AM

All replies

• I have narrowed this down to the use of "Assign a Task Process". If I use "Assign a Task" then it works.

But what causes "Assign a Task Process" to not work?

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:10 PM
  • Fixed it by re-installing SharePoint Designer 3 times. First two from our company, the third I downloaded directly from Microsoft. It was that one that detected that it hadn't properly un-installed the previous times, and now it works!

• Marked as answer by Ryan A Darby Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:28 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:28 AM