MDX to calculate totals of percentages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, can anyone help with an MDX (possibly) query please?

I have a SQL2000 cube and through ProClarity 6.2 I have 2 measures, sales value and cost value. I have a ProClarity calculated measure that divides sales value by cost value and multplies by 100 to give me a percentage. When I produce subtotals in ProClarity, the percentages are added up rather than being re-calculated based on the totals of the sales and cost values. Is there a way to get ProClarity to re-calculate percentages on the total lines (is it an MDX function).

Thanks.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:33 AM

Answers

• Thanks for replying Ben.

I have just found out that by setting the solve order on the calculated measure in ProClarity to 1001 makes ProClarity automatically calculate the total percentage value correctly. This solves the problem I was having.
    Friday, September 12, 2008 4:49 AM

All replies

• Can you send the MDX that's being run?  Should be able to go to View|MDX Editor after the view appears and see the MDX.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:32 PM
  • Thanks for replying Ben.

I have just found out that by setting the solve order on the calculated measure in ProClarity to 1001 makes ProClarity automatically calculate the total percentage value correctly. This solves the problem I was having.
    Friday, September 12, 2008 4:49 AM