Word 2013 Export Problem to PDF RRS feed

• Question

• Having a major headache now.  Two weeks before today I was able to "Save As" PDF document in Word 2013 no problem at all.  Now, all of a sudden every time I try to no matter a new or existing word document it keeps telling me "This file is in use by another application or user.".  Nope, I am not on a network, my HDD is completely clean of any viruses etc.. and running very smooth.  I am running Bullguard but I have been running this for 1 year and like I said in the beginning my PDF saving in Word 2013 had no problems before.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?  Is it a recent Windows Update?  I've tried searching but all I keep finding is an issue for Word 2007 and nothing else.

Any help would be highly appreciated.  Thanks!!!!!

Friday, April 10, 2015 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I've seen some of the similar issues that were caused by the anti-virus program, please disable the program temporarily to check the result. I understand it didn't happen before, but the anti-virus program itself may have been updated and caused the issue.

In case other programs are working on the Word documents, we can also perform a clean boot to determine whether background programs are interfering with this.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 13, 2015 3:15 AM

All replies

• As a work-around, download the free PrimoPDF that will install itself as a printer and use it to "print" the file to a pdf.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org

Saturday, April 11, 2015 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

I've seen some of the similar issues that were caused by the anti-virus program, please disable the program temporarily to check the result. I understand it didn't happen before, but the anti-virus program itself may have been updated and caused the issue.

In case other programs are working on the Word documents, we can also perform a clean boot to determine whether background programs are interfering with this.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 13, 2015 3:15 AM