Outlook 2013 client not getting setup in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently we have purchased new computers with Windows 10 operating system. We have a domain environment. An error is coming while setting up Outlook 2013 client in Windows 10. After creation of a new profile in mail; username and email address automatically comes up based on the domain username, however on clicking next following error message is displayed.

"The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected  to complete this action".

But if I install outlook 2007 client on Windows 10, then it is configured automatically. Further other machines running with Windows 7, Outlook 13 client works without any issue. We have Exchange server 2010.

Is there any particular change has to be done on Exchange Server or Windows 10?

Update:

If I configure using connect to POP/ IMAP account, it gets configured whereas If I choose option of Connect to Exchange Account it throws an error.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Kartikeyam91,

From the description, issue only occurs with Outlook 2013 on Windows 10. Does it occurs to specific computers? What if we configure other users accounts on these clients?

Please first install available updates to both Windows and Office.

We can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Please also have a look at Event Viewer when the issue occurs and see if any fault module will be recorded there so that we can do more research.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, May 2, 2019 5:59 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Kartikeyam91 Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:17 AM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2019 4:15 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Windows and office updates were installed.

I tried running outlook in safe mode but same error came. I looked into the Event Viewer also at the same time but there was no error or Warning. Do I have to look under some specific folder in Event Viewer?

Regards,

Kartikeya

Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:17 AM
  • Hi Kartikeya,

I'd like to double confirm with you whether this issue occurs to account that automatically comes up. Have you try adding another email account to test the result.

>>But if I install outlook 2007 client on Windows 10, then it is configured automatically.

If we uninstall Outlook 2007 and then install Outlook 2013 on this computer, will same situation occur?

How do you install Outlook 2013? I'm wondering if there are anything wrong with the installation file.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, May 3, 2019 8:10 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:55 AM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 5:31 AM